A photo diary x Liz Una Kim

bio

Hello, my name is Liz Una Kim. 

I was born in Montreal, Canada, but grew up in the suburbs of Korea and (mostly) Southern California. Spent my adolescent years in bad outfits and cars, reading Nancy Drew. Wish I could say I used to dream about fashion magazines under satin bed sheets with a flashlight at night, but I didn’t — I slept like a baby. My extracurricular time was split between my pet hamster and banging my head on the piano to indulge my parents’ fantasies of me being brilliant.
I studied Media, Culture, and Communication at New York University, where I wrote pretty unoriginal essays on Barthes, Sontag, and Vogue editorials and mastered nightlife. Meanwhile, I pursued my interests in magazine publishing at Vanity Fair and The New Yorker. Now BuzzFeed pays for the cocktails (where I do Marketing things)! 
I have a delicate spot for R&B, rock'n'roll, documentaries, urban culture, German Shepherds, film photography, cured meats, memoirs, and fashion. My most preferred styles of writing are creative nonfiction and sloppy text messages.
The purpose of this blog is personal documentation, but if it happens to inspire others... AWESOME!!! I do take on freelance work and consulting on a project-to-project basis, feel free to contact me. Thanks for reading! Xx

1 comment: